Welcome to the Tobacco Harm Reduction Film Festival! We invite filmmakers, creators, and advocates to submit their works that highlight the importance of tobacco harm reduction (THR) as a key public health strategy. Through the power of visual storytelling, we aim to raise awareness, educate, and inspire positive change in individuals and society concerning tobacco use and its associated risks. The THR Film Festival takes place within the Global Forum on Nicotine 13-15 June 2024 at the Marriott Hotel, Warsaw, Poland.
What are we looking for?
Documentary: Share real-life stories, experiences, and expert insights that showcase the impact of tobacco harm reduction strategies on individuals and communities.
Narrative/Short Film: Create fictional narratives or short films that creatively address the challenges of tobacco use and the potential benefits of harm reduction.
Animation: Utilize animation to communicate complex concepts related to tobacco harm reduction, its effects, and successful strategies.
Public Service Announcements (PSAs): Craft compelling PSAs that encourage a broader audience to consider the importance of tobacco harm reduction and its positive effects on public health.
Educational Videos: Develop informative and engaging videos that break down the science behind tobacco harm reduction and present it in an accessible manner.
Content Focus: Submissions must centre around the theme of tobacco harm reduction. Films should highlight the strategies, benefits, challenges, success stories, and ongoing efforts in reducing tobacco-related harm.
Accuracy and Credibility: Submissions should be accurate, well-researched, and supported by credible sources. Any scientific or medical claims should be based on reliable evidence.
Originality: Submitted films should be original works created by the entrants. Plagiarism and unauthorised use of copyrighted material will result in disqualification.
Language: Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
- Preferred format: High-resolution digital files (1920x1080 or higher) in MP4 or MOV.
- Submissions must be uploaded to the designated platform, and the link shared during the submission process.
Submission Deadline: All entries must be submitted by 15 May 2024.
Entry Fee: There is no submission fee.
Rights and Permissions: By submitting a film, entrants grant the Global Forum on Nicotine Film Festival the right to use clips from their films, posters, stills, and other promotional materials for marketing and educational purposes.
- Fill out the online submission form.
- Upload your film.
- Provide all necessary information, including:
- film title,
- and contact details.
Selection and Awards:
- A panel of experts in tobacco harm reduction, public health, and film industry professionals will review the submissions.
- Films will be judged based on creativity, accuracy, relevance, and overall impact.
- There will be an award for the ‘best in fest’, which will comprise a trophy and $500 in cash. The award will be presented at a special showing of the chosen film, followed by a drinks reception, on Friday 14 June, at the conference venue. The second and third placed films will each receive a certificate from the organisers.
- Selected films will be screened during the Global Forum on Nicotine event and promoted through various channels.
Join us in spreading awareness and advocating for positive change through the art of filmmaking. Together, let's contribute to the global effort to reduce tobacco-related harm and improve public health.
For inquiries and further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.